If you keep throwing away your lemons because you don’t have time to eat them all, then this trick is for you.
A content creator on TikTok has revealed the best way to preserve lemons and limes so they don’t spoil after a week.
Brightly Eco, which has more than 625,000 subscribers on the video-sharing platform, shares sustainability tips and ways to reduce food waste.
In a recent video with nearly 10,000 views, TikToker shared a simple tip to keep lemons fresh.
Brightly Eco on TikTok shared a little trick to preserve lemons and limes so they don’t spoil quickly.
“Tired of throwing lemons and limes in the trash just because you can’t eat them fast enough?” The expert annotated the video.
The woman says that using this trick will save your money and reduce food waste.
- All you need is a glass container and some water.
- First, you put the lemon and lime in a glass container with a lid. “Your lemons and limes tend to go bad when they start to dry out,” she says in the footage.
- “So here’s an easy fix to make them last for months. “Put them in an airtight glass container and submerge them completely in water. Then just store them in the fridge.
- After filling with water, you put the containers of lemons, limes and water in the refrigerator.
- She then shared the results of using her own hands-on hack. “This is mine (lemon and lemon) about a month and a half later,” she said.
- “They really look like they did when I first bought them.”
Note: Brightly Eco recommends changing the water every few days to keep them fresh.