Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
About IP Optical Networks
Our IP/Optical Networks business group (ION) includes IP, optical and network automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive wide area networking (WAN) solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale – helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to – and among – edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centers.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Deploy, configure, and support a large-scale production optical network that spans ULH terrestrial, regional metros, interconnecting data centres and Point of Presence (POP) sites across India.
- Create and maintain Engineering Design Packages for metro, regional and long-haul DWDM rings/systems.
- Provide technical expertise to field installation team
- Powering and testing the shelves, validating the design
- Perform Optical Network turn up and testing
- Perform network maintenance, repair and upgrade tasks as needed.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot network build issues
- Perform maintenance work on the systems, and knowing how to troubleshoot systems in order to isolate and replace component failures.
- Take responsibility for definition and execution of demos, proof of concept, type approvals tests, field trials, and in general any New Product Introduction (NPI) activity with our customer for any new product or solution
- Be accountable from definition to validation / acceptance by the customer – working with mature elements of our portfolio
- Create, reviews and approves Methods of Procedures prior to implementation
- Train Customer Delivery members on new products/features
- Demonstrated hands-on experience deploying optical networks.
- In-depth technical expertise in optical transport networks including Packet transport (PTN), Control Plane- GMPLS (ASON, Layer 0, Layer1), DWDM, SDH, MPLS-TP, Ethernet, Layer 2.
- Familiarity with DWDM, RAMAN, EDFA, WSS, Control Plane, Flexgrid, and CDC architecture
- Proficient in integration, testing, provisioning, commissioning & maintenance of fiber optics transmission products & applications.
- Demonstrates significant and specialized knowledge of fiber optic principles and DWDM transmission.
- Extensive skills on Different Tools For Troubleshooting such as Power Meters, Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) & CD / PMD analyzer, BERT to test fiber and verify specifications and throughput.
- Create system support documentation including instructional procedures, provisioning guidelines, test plans, problem documentation and functional process flows
- Monitor network characteristics, maintain logs, and follow procedures to effectively respond to out-of-tolerance conditions or outages
- Contribute to the design, provisioning, and operations of the edge and backbone transport with emphasis on networking best practices
- Project managing hardware deployments, migrations, upgrades and all major activation work
- Designing, commissioning and maintaining of DWDM networks (Nokia portfolio):
- GMPLS L0 and L1, MRN
- L2 over DWDM
- Migration, administration and O&M of:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Field
- Minimum 10-12 years of telecommunication industry experience, within the Optical
- Transport domain
- Must have minimum of 8-10 years’ experience working within Optical Systems
- Engineering, Architecture, Product Management or similar discipline
- In-depth knowledge of the optical transport industry and technologies (DWDM, OTN,
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.