Ingredients for making eggless chocolate truffle cake
- Wheat flour/Atta/Godhumapindi/Godihittu-¾ cup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Melted butter – ¼ cup
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup*
- Curd/Perugu/Mosaru-½ cup
- Baking soda – teaspoon
- Baking powder – teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Warm milk-1-2 tablespoons (to adjust the consistency of the dough)
- Ice cream – ¼ cup
- Dark Chocolate-1 cup
For chocolate syrup
- Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup* (check notes for homemade chocolate syrup) – 2 tsp
- Filter coffee juice (optional)
The process of making chocolate truffle cake without eggs-
- First, preheat the oven on the stovetop for 15 minutes (see description above for how to set up the oven on the stovetop)
- Next, butter a baking dish and sprinkle with flour, then line with butter paper.
- Meanwhile, sift all the dry ingredients namely flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and set aside. 4. Then, in a mixing bowl, add melted butter, powdered sugar and beat until sugar is dissolved.
- After the sugar has dissolved, add the curd and mix well. Then add vanilla essence and mix well
- Now add the sifted dry ingredients little by little and mix well
- Add milk until you get a thick and glossy mixture
- Pour the dough into a baking dish, place in the oven on the stove and cook on low heat for 25-30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, check that the inserted toothpick is clean. If it comes out clean, the cake is done, if not, bake for another 5 minutes and check.
- After baking, turn off the mold, take out the cake to cool before opening the mold
- Once cool, open the mold onto the cake turntable (check the note for DIY turntable and cake board)
first. Take a container, pour water and bring to a boil
- Now take another container that will fit the top one, add the whipped cream and dark chocolate, and put it in boiling water until the chocolate starts to melt.
- When it starts to melt, take out and mix well and set aside
Chocolate syrup procedure
In a cup, add Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup, water and dilute thoroughly and set aside
- Cut the cake into two layers
- Place the cake mold on the turntable
- Now spread some ganache in the center of the cake and place a layer of cake on it so that the cake sticks to the board.
- Then apply chocolate syrup and ganache
- Now cover with another layer, apply chocolate syrup, ganache and cake batter all over and smooth.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours for the ganache to solidify. NOT IN THE Fridge
- Take the cake out of the fridge, pour the remaining ganache over the cake and finish with grated chocolate as directed
- After the cake is covered with grated chocolate, leave the cake in the refrigerator until buried.